Time to check out the Girl Power of the racing world. Danica Patrick is without a doubt the most famous and celebrated female racing drivers ever. She is the most successful woman in the history of american racing— with her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300 still standing as the only women’s victory in an IndyCar Series race.
“I was brought up to be the fastest driver, not the fastest girl”
Danica Patrick is a woman of many firsts…
- First woman to lead a lap in the Indianapolis 500 in Kansas in 2005 (finishing 4th)
- First woman to win an IndyCar Series race (Motegi, Japan, 2008)
- In 2009 she set the record for the highest finish by a woman in the history of the Indy 500.
- She holds the IRL record for most consecutive races running at the finish (50)
- 2011 saw the best finish by a woman in a NASCAR top-circuit at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway (finishing 4th)
- First woman in history to qualify for a pole position the Daytona 500
Danica has been driving in the IndyCar Series since 2005 and began racing in the NASCAR series in 2010. But without doubt she has evolved into racing celebrity and icon. Her beauty and her racing talents have lead her to be the main spokesperson representing the GoDaddy brand, she’s now known as GoDaddy Girl.
She has also been involved in advertising and modeling (no surprise there – check out that amazing toned body!). Beautiful, skilled, inspirational AND… loved by all! She was voted IndyCar’s most popular driver in the series 2005-2010 and in 2012 became NASCAR’s Nationwide Series most popular driver.
Danica Patrick: Nascar’s Queen of Racing
Check out the ‘hot’ Danica Patrick Sports Illustrated photos below: